Holography for 3D VisualizationIVP210
The Impact Centre offers a course in Holography, where art and science students will work together to create holograms of high quality both technically and artistically. At the same time students will learn the fundamental principles of optics and photonics (the same principles underlying today’s fibre optic networks) in a visual and intuitive way. Holograms will be produced from both real objects and computer models.
- Optics and lasers: wave propagation, interference, diffraction, safety
- History and criticism of visualization and holography in art and science
- Hands-on skills in holography production, including digital holography
- Human physiology in vision and perception
Schedule and Enrolment
To enrol in this course, students must submit the application form available here.
The course is typically offered in the spring term.
It is available to all U of T undergraduate students. The course code is IVP210.
- In the past, the same course was offered with the code JOP210.
The course is offered by the Impact Centre in collaboration with the Department of Physics and Victoria College.
Exhibitions of our Holograms
Holograms from this course have been on display in various exhibitions and other venues, including the U of T Art Centre and Victoria College. Check again for future exhibits of our holograms.