ELITE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS
You know the science, now bring it to the world.
Read the Techno2019 Course Syllabus and Schedule (PDF)
Don’t just sit there, get building!
- Transform your science and technology into a product
- Protect your technology with effective patent and trademark strategies
- Manage a team and a company
- Research potential markets and talk to potential customers
- Find the right market fit for your product
- Identify competitors
- Obtain funding for your startup
- Build and test your business model
- Pitch your vision to investors, partners, and customers
Techno Fellowship: Incubating Your Startup
Successful completion of Techno qualifies trainees to apply for a Techno Fellowship to incubate their startup company. Techno Fellows are given access to year-round training seminars, mentorship services, assistance in raising funds, and admission to office and prototyping workspace at the Impact Centre.
Techno2019 Key Dates
Application Period: Oct. 15–Nov. 14
Admission Interviews: Oct. 15–Nov. 22
Training Dates: Nov. 27, 28, Dec. 4, 5, 6: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
Final Pitch Event: Dec. 11: 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
Techno2019 will be held on the downtown Toronto campus of the University of Toronto.
- Current student or postdoctoral fellow OR recent graduate of a postsecondary degree program.
- At least one member of each startup team must have a science or engineering background.
- At least one member of your team must be available to attend all the training days as well as the final pitch event.
“We came into Techno with the mentality of pushing our technology into the market and came out of it knowing how to look for true product-market fit for science-based startups. Within months of the program, another Impact Centre entrepreneur introduced us to our first corporate partner and our mentors linked us to a pre-seed investment of $250,000 to help launch Argentum. We are grateful for the opportunities that Techno positioned us for!”
“Techno is a great accelerator course where aspiring entrepreneurs can learn about the resources they have and how to use them in order to bring a mere napkin idea to life. After the course, Honeybee was provided with mentorship, office space, and microfinancing to help the company get started. Beyond the startup, the entire Impact Centre community helps nurture and support entrepreneurs like me in our journey to become leaders.”
“The Impact Centre has been instrumental in helping Just Vertical grow. At Techno, we took our idea and shaped it into a business. My co-founder and I would not be the entrepreneurs we are today without all of the help, support, guidance and mentorship that the staff at Techno have given us. Starting a company is tough and growing it is even tougher, but when you have the right people around you and supports in place, anything is possible.”
Manager, Entrepreneurship Programs
Leo is the coordinator of this program. If you have any questions you can reach him at email@example.com.