The Impact Centre is bringing Entrepreneurship 100: Conversations back to the University of Toronto.
Entrepreneurship 100 is a live-only experience connecting curious people with diverse entrepreneurs. Featuring an interactive Q&A conversation and and a chance to meet with the panelists, Entrepreneurship 100 is the best way to learn about starting a business – no MBA required!
“We want to cut through the hype of running a startup and have real conversations about inspiration, ideas, hopes, and fears,” said Charles Plant, senior fellow at the Impact Centre and host for the Entrepreneurship 100: Conversations series. “From an undergraduate student starting a popsicle business to a professor starting a medical diagnostic company, we connect with the personal element of running a business.”
“We want to cut through the hype of running a startup and have real conversations about inspiration, ideas, hopes, and fears.”Charles Plant
“These events put things into perspective for me, and I realized that it certainly might be an option in the future. The idea of innovating something and putting it out there really appeals to me.”Sakshi Khanna
Previous panelists include Heather Payne, founder of Ladies Learning Code and HackerYou, Leila Keshavjee, founder of Happy Pops, Ilana Ben-Ari, founder of Twenty One Toys, and Noureddin Chahrour, founder of Adrenalease.
“To be honest, I had never given entrepreneurship that much thought earlier on,” said Sakshi Khanna, an attendee of the 2016-2017 sessions. “These events put things into perspective for me, and I realized that it certainly might be an option in the future. The idea of innovating something and putting it out there really appeals to me.”
Online polling and questions during the first hour as well as a networking session during the second hour ensures attendees engage with the panel.
All events are from 6:00PM to 8:00PM
- September 21 – Entrepreneur or employee? A conversation on the realities of working for yourself and working for others
- Speakers: Nat Korol, cofounder of Hyphen Co., Sam Dumcum, Program Lead at ICUBE, University of Toronto, Mississauga and Fotini Iconomopoulos, adjunct professor, Schulich School of Business and founder, Forward Focusing.
- September 28 – Social entrepreneurship: A conversation on harnessing the power of business for social good
- Speakers: Mayrose Salvador, founder of Pueblo Science, Ian Adamson, founder of Greenbelt Microgreens, and Morgan Wyatt, co-founder of Greenlid Envirosciences.
- October 5 – Is my idea any good? A conversation on conceiving, assessing, and pivoting business ideas
- Speakers: TBA
JJR Macleod Auditorium
Medical Sciences Building, Room 2158
1 King’s College Circle
University of Toronto