TechnoELITE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS
You know the science, now bring it to the world.
Don’t just sit there, get building!
- Transform your science and technology into a product
- Protect your technology with effective patent and trademark strategies
- Research potential markets to understand customer’s behaviour
- Find the right market fit for your product
- Talk to potential customers
- Identify competitors
- Build business development and negotiation skills
- Build and test your business model
- Learn how to pitch your vision
Starting is hard. But growing is harder.
See your science and technology having an impact. Create a team that can realize your vision. Build a business that can compete globally.
Join the 130 teams and 88 companies from across Canada and around the world who have worked with Techno since 2010. Apply today!
Techno 2017 Program
Techno Training Week: June 12–16
Techno Pitch Day: June 23
Training will be held at the University of Toronto’s St. George Campus.
Funding for Companies
The Impact Centre has helped Techno companies raise an average of $150,000* in government grants and other non-dilutive funding sources.
*Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results
Beyond Techno Training
Teams completing Techno training present a final pitch and submit a go-forward plan to Impact Centre mentors. Qualifying teams committed to building their companies are admitted as Techno Fellows and are given access to office and prototyping workspace at the Impact Centre, mentorship services, assistance in raising company funds, and year-round training seminars.